Monday, April 9, 2012

Tagged and Be Tagged!

 Tag I'm It!
How fun, I just found out that Sandi at 
Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes tagged me.
  Check out her great blog and be sure to follow her.


Could it be she picked me because I'm another Sandy?  I get to answer her 10 questions and then make up some questions (I think I will make them a little fun) and tag 10 new people.  Anyway here are the rules.

Rules
Post the rules.
Answer 10 questions.
Create 10 questions. 
Tag 10(ish) people and link them with your post. Let them know they have been tagged.


Here are my questions from Sandi that I have to answer.

1. What grade do you teach? I currently teach first grade.  I taught kindergarten for 5 years, second grade for 6 years, and owned a preschool for 10 years.

2.  What advice would you give to a new  teacher?  Have fun!  Teach your students to enjoy learning and develop a sense of curiosity. Constantly challenge your students to learn more and to do their best.  Be a good teammate by collaborating and sharing ideas. Remember every teacher has their own style of teaching and their own strengths.

3.  What classroom item could you not live without? Art supplies and lots of children's  books.

4. What is the last book you read (non professional)?  That is a tough one because I usually read books to improve myself, which all have something to do with teaching.  I read Reading with Meaning by Debbie Miller recently. I am constantly referring back to The Daily 5, and The Cafe by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser.

5. Flowers or chocolate? Flowers for sure.  

6. If you one day woke up and decided you didn't want to be a teacher anymore, what would you like to do? I would own a business.  I have owned a business in the past and it is extremely rewarding. It is hard work, but you have a sense of accomplishment.

7. How do you spend your time outside of the school day?  Lately I have been engrossed with learning about blogging, and watching videos from Teaching Blog Traffic School! Boy there is so much to learn.

8. What is your favourite TV show? The competitive side of me likes Survivor, and for a relaxing laugh at the end of the day I like Big Bang Theory.

9.  What's your favourite time of year? Summer

10. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?  I would love to go on an Alaskan Cruise or visit Australia.

Here are some great bloggers I love and visit, but would like to know more about them.

Tag, You're It!  I would love to learn about


Here are your 10 questions.
1. What grade do you teach and how long have you been teaching?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. If you could have lunch with any person in the world, who would it be?
4. List 3 words that describe you.
5. If you were a Disney character, who would you be?
6. Everyday I need to have ...
7. Would you rather have a manicure or a pedicure?
8. What is it about you that your students love?
9. What are you going to do this summer?
10. What do you like to do on weekends?


3 comments:

  1. Hi I'm your newest follower! I found you off of TBA's First Grade Blogs. Looking forward to reading what you have to write!

    Judy

    ♥Teaching Little Apples♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun questions - pedicure - toes are more fun (and I could never get a manicure to last teaching kindergarten!)

    sandi
    rubber boots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me. :) I just published my post -- come check it out!

    ReplyDelete